Why work with us?
We are Health and Safety experts who believe:
- Everyone has the right to be safe at work
- Workplace H&S should work for you and not cost a fortune
- Health and Safety should be relevant, easy to manage and achievable
Who do we work with?
New and established businesses from micro to SME who care about getting Health and Safety right. If you are a large business we are more than happy to help, but you might want our consultancy services as an alternative. See below for more information.
What can we offer you?
Industry specific packs - download or print options available
On-line training - course list here
If you want more help, contact us about our H&S support or ring us on 01749 686766.
As your business grows we can offer:
- Bespoke consultancy services for Health and Safety including Fire, First Aid, Emergency Procedures, Environmental Services, CDM advice
- In-house Health and Safety training and accredited H&S courses
- Contractor vetting
- Driver training
- SSIP compliance advice and support for Safe Contractor, CHAS and Construction Line
- Support in writing H&S admin such as:
- Health and Safety policy
- H&S statement
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- CoSHH and MSDS
- Pre-Construction Phase Plans, Construction Phase Plans and Health and Safety Files
Contact us for more details of how we can help you or phone 01749 686766.
Industry specific packs
These packs are relevant to your business and guide you through the complex issues of workplace safety. These packs include up-to-date guidance, templates you can personalise for your business and worked examples so you can see how 'to fill in the blanks' and have documents you can immediately use.
If you want a pack that's not featured contact us and we'll write you one!
Each pack is in an easy-access A to Z format covering key issues such as
- Accidents at Work
- Basic Staff Induction
- Control of Hazardous Substances (CoSHH)
- Display Screen Equipment and Workstation Assessment
- Emergency Procedures
- Employee Safety
- First Aid
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Health and Safety Law
- Health and Safety Poster
- Health and Safety Statement
- Health Surveillance
- Hygiene at Work
- Incident Reporting
- Liability - Public and Employer's Insurance
- Local Exhaust Ventilation
- Lone Working
- Manual Handling
- Maintenance Reporting
- Manager and Worker Communication
- Method Statements / Safe Systems of Work
- Near Miss Reporting
- Noise at Work
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment (PUWER)
- Risk Assessments
- Staff Training
- Working at Height
Our flexible, easy to use and comprehensive e-learning packages cover a wide range of popular health and safety courses including:
- asbestos awareness
- food hygiene, legionella
- CoSHH, first aid
- manual handling
- fire training
- working at height
These instantly accessible, downloadable courses allow you to work through unit by unit at your pace - at work or at home, in your own time and at your convenience.
Our courses are written by industry experts and are easily accessed on computers, tablets and mobile devices. Each course is divided into short, relevant units which use video and multiple choice options to help you learn effectively and at a pace to suit you.
Priced from £15 to £30 per learner these courses are a cost-effective solution to H&S training.
Are you a business wanting H&S training? Contact us directly for a business account which will allow you to monitor training directly and give you access to a discount for 10 or more courses.
A little bit more about us…
Elaine Hutchinson and David Walker started Start Safe Safety in 2014 to help make Health and Safety an affordable option to new businesses or those wanting to cost-effectively add H&S in a way that best fits their business. Between them they have over 35 years in the H&S industry.
David is based in the wilds of Wales and you can find out more about David Walker BEST here. David works mostly in Wales, Shropshire, and the West Midlands
Elaine lives in (sometimes) sunny Somerset and you can read more about Safe Systems Consultancy here. Elaine usually covers the South West, including; Bristol, Bath, Bridgwater, Taunton and Yeovil.
We also co-ordinate an experienced network of trusted and experienced Health and Safety associates to allow us to work with businesses across the UK.